The Society of Sensory Professionals has created the SSP Foundation to offer members and other interested parties an opportunity to advance the field of sensory evaluation, including consumer research, and the role/work of sensory professionals, for the purpose of sharing knowledge, exchanging ideas, and mentoring and educating its members.
Support the Future of Sensory Science and Donate
When you contribute to the foundation, you are giving more than just money, you're giving support and inspiration to the next generation of sensory science professionals.
The SSP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, qualified to accept tax-deductible contributions during donor lifetime or bequests by will. Donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor on how the current law applies to you.
Emerging Professionals Scholarship Fund
To promote the education and career progression via scholarships of emerging sensory professionals who have three or fewer years in a sensory professional role (student members not applicable).
- Applicants and those selected are required to be current SSP Professional Members (SSP Student members not applicable).
- All the donated funds and derived income can be distributed
- Only travel to an SSP event or SSP Conference will be considered
- Scholarship amounts may vary across recipients
- Scholarship recipients receive only one (1) scholarship per year
How to Apply
SSP Foundation Emerging Professionals Scholarship Fund will provide travel grants to current SSP Professional Members (student members not eligible) to assist with the cost of attending either the SSP Conference or another SSP event for those SSP members who are emerging sensory professionals that have three or fewer years in a sensory professional role. Details on how to apply for future events will be posted once available.
Questions? Contact SSP
Emerging Professionals Travel Grantees
- Allison Cox (2022)
- Katie Nance (2022)
Long Term Success Endowment (LTSE)
To promote the longevity and advancement of SSP mission beyond what might be possible though dues and an annual operating budget. This fund is focused on future SSP success and longevity and to give members options for their donations.
- Only derived income can be distributed.
- Scholarships will be considered once funds enable a gift of at least $1,000.
- If sufficient funds are not generated within six years to allow for gifts of at least $1,000, the SSP Executive Committee will review and vote on whether to continue to solicit long-term success funds nor transfer the funds to the Student and Emerging Professionals Scholarship Fund.