The Society of Sensory Professionals (SSP) respects member privacy and does not share, trade, or sell contact information for use by other parties. SSP will not disclose to or share personal information in our database with any unaffiliated third party except in the following ways:
- Where necessary with services provided by third parties who provide SSP with office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and who are required to comply with this policy. For example, when someone submits their abstract for the conference or an article to a journal through vendor-owned platforms.
- Where the third party is a person leading a committee, course, or other SSP initiative that involves you as a volunteer or registrant.
- Where SSP is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
- Where all or substantially all the business or assets of SSP relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
- Where we provide publishing services in conjunction with third parties, such as partner publishers, SSP may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.