The Society of Sensory Professionals is a 501(c) non-profit organization devoted to developing and promoting the field of sensory science.
To advance the field of sensory evaluation, including consumer research, and the role/work of sensory professionals, for the purpose of sharing knowledge, exchanging ideas, mentoring and educating its members.
To advance the field of sensory evaluation, including consumer research, by:
- Creating forums for sharing research that advances the scientific basis of the field.
- Provide mentoring in the field through a variety of forums.
- Providing training courses and educational seminars.
- Linking with existing organizations that serve the sensory and consumer research community
- Promoting professional conduct and ethical standards.
The society maintains an association with the ASTM International Committee E18 on Sensory Evaluation of Materials and Products. The relationship includes joint promotions of each other's activities, as well as organizing business meetings and conferences at combined meeting locations. A detailed list of E18
standards and E18 related publications are
available on the ASTM website.
Guidelines for Online Posting/Publishing on SSP Locations
All submissions are subject to editing for compliance with
SSP policies. Final decisions on the suitability of any submitted material
resides with SSP.
The following are the general guidelines:
- Member submissions only
- Beneficial to members
- Have professional merit
- Relevant to the field
- Time sensitive
- Non-commercial and non-promotional
- No advertisements
IRS Form 990
Revenue Service Form 990 is an annual reporting return that provides
information on the filing organization's mission, programs, and finances. A
copy of SSP’s Form 990 is available to all members upon written request to the SSP treasurer.