Submission Deadline: Closed
Submission for workshops at the 2022 SSP will be accepted in order to have a chance to get a more in-depth perspective of a topic. We have added a further stream of Workshops to the program and included a new dimension with a 'Learn-shop' presentation format. This is similar to a workshop—facilitated by academic and industry leaders. These educational and engaging interactive Learn-shops will have typically fewer participants than regular Workshops and will provide a chance to contribute, learn and discuss about new approaches and techniques in consumer and sensory science in smaller groups. Hands-on activities using product samples, via cell phones and/or questionnaires are highly encouraged. A high level of audience engagement and feedback opportunities are preferred.
Workshop submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Concurrence with the objectives and themes of the conference
- Originality and scientific/strategic merit
- Usefulness to the conference participants
- Inclusion of interaction between facilitators and workshop participants
- Potential for success
- Likelihood of attendance
- Workshop proposals must present novel technical information with supporting data and proposed or proven applications.
- Workshops and Learn-shops are 60 minutes in length.
- Submissions should be thorough and include as many specific details as possible.
- Workshops that emphasize interaction between presenters and participants is preferred.
- Presentations should strive to construct activities that allow every attendee to participate.
- Submissions that appear to be advertisements for proprietary products or services will not be accepted. Presentations that include advertisements for proprietary products or services are not appropriate.
You will be asked to provide the following details for your workshop submission. After you have concluded your submission, a confirmation email will be sent with links to access your research until the May 13th deadline.
For any questions, please contact
Please use a short and concise title that indicates the topic of the workshop. Additional title requirements include:
- The title is limited to 15 words.
- Do not place a period at the end of your title.
- Do not place hard returns in your title.
- No trade names or trademarks are permitted in session titles.
This is the email address that will receive initial communication regarding the start of the workshop submission. Once the review process begins, the Organizer will be the main contact for the submission.
Please provide a full description of your session. This description will be included in the conference program, viewable to all registrants and prospective registrants. Things to keep in mind: What are the scientific objectives of the workshop? What are the learning objectives? What new information is presented and why is it relevant? Who is the intended audience?
Search for a Person
In this step, you will add the session organizer and any additional speakers (if applicable). Begin by searching for a person's name or email address in the search box. If they have a current record in the submission system, it will display for you to select and then edit their information. If the person's name does not appear in the search, you can click "Can't find the person you're look for?" to create a new person record.Contact Information for Organizer/Speaker
- First Name
- Last Name
- Telephone (include country code)
- E-mail address (only editable for new person. If email address for existing person is incorrect, please contact
- Affiliation (company/institution)
- State or province
Indicate Session Organizer
- You are required to designate one Organizer.
- Correspondence will
ONLY be sent to the designated Organizer.
- The Organizer (and all speakers)
WILL be required to register for the conference.
Please review your submission details for accuracy. You may access your submission as needed until the session submission deadline.
Click Conclude Submission
You must select this button for your session to have completed submission.